Tuesday, 2 December 2008

Treatment Review: Dance Base massage


DANCE
TREATMENT REVIEW
Dance Base

HAVE YOU EVER COME TO THE REALISATION THAT YOU NEED A HOLIDAY AFTER YOUR HOLIDAY? SURE IT'S RELAXING BUT THE HEAVY BAGS LOADED AND UNLOADED FROM CARS, BUSES, TRAINS, AND FLIGHTS, THE LACK OF SLEEP ON SAID MODES OF TRANSPORT, THE OH-SO LABOURIOUS NIGHTS SPENT DANCING OBLIVIOUS TO THE DAMAGE IN PROGRESS WILL ALL LEAVE YOUR BODY BEGGING FOR ANOTHER BREAK. AFTER A RECENT LONG-HAUL RETURN, I DECIDED TO PUT THE CHERRY ON TOP OF THE ICING ON TOP OF THE CAKE THAT WAS MY HOLIDAY - I GOT A MASSAGE.

A few days after my return, I was back in the swing of things quite literally. A fan of fitness, the gym and all of the fun classes beckoned me back but my body just didn't feel the same. I knew it was time to pay a visit to the always tempting rooms of massage at Dance Base. Valeska Andrews, onsite therapeutic / accupressure massage extraordinaire, met me in the lobby and led me to through the energetic halls of this house of dance in the heart of the Grassmarket.

A simple and unassuming space, it's not your usual den of frangrant candles with background music of 'Zen'. It's just a place to get your dancin' and stressin' muscles sorted, buffered by the sounds of the building's liveliness. A flamenco class playfully stomped through from above (or beside, it was hard to discern) as I relaxed in a place that proudly boasts all it has to offer, all at the same time.

Valeska forcefully but politely worked through all of the battles plaguing my body, from my toes to my temples. I was definitely at ease and revelling in every demon she could possibly exorcise. She explained to me how applying pressure to some points of the body relieves an entirely different part, just as being brutal to one bit may do far more damage to another bit. She also knew that I had been carrying a heavy bag (my laptop) across one shoulder and made sure that this shoulder knew no trace of such a burden by the time I left.

Valeska is as much of a professional as she is just a sweetheart. I can see why she loves the spirit of Dance Base, and vice versa.

Dance Base is located at 4-16 in the Grassmarket. Download a brochure on www.dancebase.co.uk or get more information on 1031 225 5525.
Also in Nov/Dec Bite Life Magazine

No comments: